Breaking through barriers in Oral Health Care – Training for Doctors, Nurses and Carers
This half day workshop explores the solutions and challenges surrounding Oral healthcare for Nurses Carers and Managers working within a variety of healthcare settings.
It aims to encourage all nursing/healthcare staff engaged in the delivery of oral healthcare to ensure that patients and residents receive safe and effective care using the most up to date knowledge, skills and techniques across a variety of healthcare settings.
The Course has two main aims;
- Raise skill levels of nursing staff in providing oral health care for patients/residents.
- Increasing knowledge and skills related to oral hygiene.
Part 1 – The Oral Cavity
- Oral fungal infections
- Oral viral Infections
- Oral bacterial infections [Dental Decay and Periodontal disease]
- Oral bisphosphonate osteonecrosis
- Oral Cancers / Head and neck cancers
Part 2 – Interactive workshops
- Denture Care cleaning and labeling
- Oral hygiene and patient communication skills and techniques
- Brushing- Inter-dental aids and oral health materials
- Head and neck cancer screening- spot the signs
- Diet and Nutrition
- Smoking Cessation
- Oral health Assessment tool
- Communication skills for the dementia patient
After attending this course staff will have gained the skills and knowledge to;
- Deliver quality care and be able to fill out the oral cavity assessment tool.
- Keep patients free of pain and infection.
- Keep patients comfortable, there mouth is moist and clear from dental plaque, calculus and food debris.
- Gain skills in denture Labeling and cleaning.
- To use Inter-dental aids, brushes and oral health materials available to keep to mouth free of pain and infection.
- Understand the links between oral and general health.
For more information on this training course and to book please contact David on 094 937 8621.
Certificates in oral health care presented at the end of each training session.
NMBI Approved for the following fields
|General Nursing||Dementia Assessment and Nursing Care||End of life decision-making|
|Enduring Mental Health Difficulties||Health promotion||Self Care Management|
|Infection prevention and control||Older Person Care||Oncology|
|Cancer Care and end of Life care||Palliative Care|
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland –2.5 CEU approved.